Benefits Of A Health Coach
Health coaching is a relatively new occupational field and one that is growing in popularity. As people are starting to become more health conscious and or requiring health interventions, an integrated approach is needed to best achieve overall health in patients and clients. The health coach role has arrived as a long overdue solution.
What Is A Health Coach
A wellness expert who coaches clients to turn goals into actions and making behavior changes. Most people know what they need to do to get healthy, but they don’t know how to do it. They know making healthier food choices and exercising is the way to good health.
Something that sets a health coach apart from diet programs and traditional medicine, is they meet the client where they’re at. This is what’s really unique about a health coach. It’s not a one size fits all.
How Health Coaches Can Benefit You
- Focus on your whole being: From exercise programming and nutritional guidance to support and motivation, health coaches take a holistic approach to working one-on-one and understand the science behind true behavior modification. Health coaches understand the emotional, physical, behavioral, nutritional and lifestyle factors that are needed to enhance overall health and well-being.
- Retrain the way you think: Health coaches help clients establish positive self-talk (the things we tell ourselves) by identifying negative, irrational and erroneous beliefs. By listening and applying their expertise, they help you transform your self-talk.
- Overcome barriers: From lack of time to financial constraints, inclement weather, injury or medical issues, there are a number of environmental and lifestyle factors that often serve as external barriers to people trying to lose weight or improve their overall health. Coupled with internal barriers such as low self-esteem and intimidation about exercising in front of others, a health coach will work with you to diffuse anxieties and identify misconceptions that may be standing in the way of you reaching your goals.
- Become self-reliant: While this may seem counterintuitive, the ultimate goal of a health coach is to help you to become self-reliant to increase your motivation to adopt healthy habits. From helping you create or maintain an environment that fosters success to finding and implementing a support system, a health coach is committed to arming you with the tools you need to succeed in reaching your goals.
- Being on your side. Health coaches value their clients and champion their results. Unlike a friend or family member, whose interests may overlap with the client’s, a health coach offers nonjudgmental support and encouragement and allows clients to be experts in their own lives.
- Help customize steps to action. A health coach helps clients discern what is most important to them. Health coaches respect each individual’s unique history and perspective and help clients choose options to optimize their success.
- Make it a lifestyle: Health coaches enable individuals to see the value in reaching their health-related goals and building a true connection between exercise and activities of daily living. A health coach will empower you to take ownership of your experience and create positive, lasting lifestyle changes that enhance what you do in the gym and in everyday life.
A health coach is a health promoter and educator, an active partner in helping clients make healthy lifestyle choices. As many have discovered, working with a health coach can be an exciting and rewarding experience.
Health coaches are at the forefront of today’s health revolution by providing the nutritional and lifestyle guidance society desperately needs to find its way back to health.
Contact us for more information on Health Coaching and to change your life for the better!