Fight Against Cold and Flu Season with Chiropractic
The joy of the holiday’s and cold weather are quickly approaching. However, so is cold and flu season. Unfortunately, the symptoms that come along with flu season can put a damper on your holiday celebrations.
While there are many medications that can help ease the symptoms of the flu, they often have many negative side effects. So then what’s the solution? What can you do to help reduce your risk of getting a cold?
Well, having a healthy immune system is one of the best ways to fight off both the cold and the flu. A healthy immune system comes about as a result of having a fully functioning nervous system and body. Thankfully, chiropractic care can help improve the function of your body’s immune system.
1. Chiropractic Care and The Immune System
Chiropractic has been shown in hundreds of research articles to improve the function of the body’s immune system. If your immune system is functioning properly, you are less likely to be affected by the cold and flu season.
But how exactly can chiropractic care help your immune system? Well, chiropractic care can give your immune system a boost with a spinal adjustment. Additionally, it can raise your natural resistance to disease by removing a serious interference to your proper body function: Vertebral Subluxations.
Basically, a chiropractic adjustment releases pressure on the nerves. Which in turn allows for more efficient interaction between your body’s nervous system and immune system.
Additionally, regular chiropractic care comes with many other benefits. Preventing the flu is just one of the many positive side effects of chiropractic care.
2. Additional Ways To Fight Against Cold and Flu Season
In addition to chiropractic care, there are many other ways to help give your immune system a boost. It’s crucial to maintain a healthy functioning immune system in order to help fight off cold’s and other ailments.
Here are some great ways to help you maintain a healthy immune system:
- Vitamins and Supplements: Vitamin C, A, and zinc all help boost your body’s immune system. Additionally, echinacea supplements can also boost the immune system because they contain polysaccharides, which are a type of carbohydrate molecule that can combat viruses.
- Sleep: Getting enough sleep is crucial when it comes to fighting off cold’s and your overall health. Sleep helps regulate the hormone cortisol, which is another stimulant for the immune system. Adults should aim for anywhere from seven to nine hours of sleep per night. Try to keep a consistent time for going to bed and waking up, even on weekends, and avoid caffeine after late afternoon.
- Diet: I’m sure you’ve heard time and time again how important it is to have a healthy balanced diet. But honestly, it’s the truth. If the body does not get sufficient nutrients from the diet, it will not have a strong enough immune system to fight off a cold or flu.
The Cold and Flue Takeaway
All in all, the best way to combat the cold and flu is with a healthy immune system. Chiropractic care, in addition to healthy eating and sleep, is a great way to help give your immune system a boost.