The Benefits Of Acupressure
Developed in ancient Asia around 5,000 years ago, Acupressure is one of the most natural methods of healing using the power and sensitivity of the human hand. Acupressure is applying pressure on certain points in the body with the intent of restoring the body’s positive energy flow.
The points used in acupressure massage exist among a network or meridians, which are similar to highways, on which Qi (energy or life force) flows throughout the body. Sometimes the pressure is needed at these points to clear up blockages and help secure a healthy, balanced and peaceful flow of energy through the meridians.
Acupressure is much the same as Acupuncture but without the needles. Pressure can range from gentle to firm depending on what the body requires.
Benefits Of Acupressure
- Relieves pain. Acupressure is a positive and natural way to relieve pain. When pressure is applied to the point that corresponds to the area of the body that is aching, the body responds by releasing the blockages in that area, helping with pain relief. The pressure being applied also aids in increasing blood flow to the area which also is pain relieving.
- Women’s health. Acupressure is a complementary treatment for a woman’s genito-urinary system. It is a natural way to aid and balance many common woman’s ailments such as Pms, Ovarian cysts, Infertility and Endometriosis. Acupressure is also helpful in dealing with the changes and risks of pregnancy. Practicing acupressure during pregnancy relaxes your muscles, balancing your mood and emotions.
- Weight loss. Weight loss is a general issue these days, many people around the world suffer from over-weight issues. You can use acupressure therapy for losing weight. There are distinctive acupressure points in our body which are connected with the hunger center of our brain.
- Faster healing. The bottom line is that acupressure is known to release muscular tension, promote circulation of blood, and enhance the body’s life force energy to aid healing. If you are in discomfort from an illness, using acupuncture can help you heal faster.
- Ease Stress. According to the knowledge of Chinese Medicine, having all your meridians unblocked helps make you calmer as your body is more able to handle stress.
- Improve circulation and immune system. One of the benefits of acupressure is better blood and lymphatic circulation. With better blood flow and less tension throughout the body, the immune system naturally benefits. This, in turn, helps to body to ward off illnesses and invaders.
The Acupressure Takeaway
Acupressure is a safe and gentle natural therapy used to relieve symptoms from many common disorders. Similar in principle to acupuncture, but with no needles involved and with no additional equipment required, acupressure is an amazing health tool that can be used daily.